Blog - ITS Projects
Marketing of sound insulation works for machinery soundproofing
The marketing of sound insulation work for machinery soundproofing is a major activity of ITS in different contexts:
- protection of employees against exposure to noise
- preservation of the sound environment (e.g. against nuisances due to industrial activity)
- acoustic comfort in buildings
The sound insulation works marketed by ITS for machinery soundproofing sometimes follows a diagnosis made on site, and are always carried out by considering, on a case-by-case basis, the most suitable...
Marketing of acoustic screens for noise reduction in premises requiring soundproofing
Noise reduction is necessary in many premises, when it is desired, given their function, that they have one or more of the following qualities :
- a good intelligibility of speech, to make possible in a normal voice  (i.e. without sound overbidding - often: counterproductive - which is the result of situations where one cannot hear oneself speaking) conversations between occupants of the the space considered (e.g. in catering rooms: for the guests of the same table)
- sufficient discretion...
Prevention of noise at work in a company in the industrial sector
ITS participated in the prevention of noise at work in a company in the industrial sector in South East Asia.
The site which was concerned was a combined cycle gas power plant (i.e. with production of both electricity and heat recovered from the gas combustion process by means of a large capacity turbine) with a power greater than 700 MW.
The installation of noisy equipment in a soundproofed building of very large dimensions was the chosen solution :
- the metallic steel structure was...