The noise reduction by the means of an enclosure (soundproofing hood) / of an acoustic partition is an action at source frequently implemented in the context of noise control:
- protection of workers against noise: with respect to the noise of machines
- preservation of acoustic environment: with respect to the noise of industrial equipment installed outside of buildings and with respect to the insulation of the building themselves
- limitation of noise emissions in energy sector: with respect to the noise of machines, with respect to the noise of industrial equipment installed outside of buildings and with respect to the insulation of the building themselves
- acoustic comfort in buildings: with respect to the noise of equipments
This technique creates a (physical) separation between two spaces:
- the one inside which is the noise source: with the exception of cases of transmission of noise from outside of a building toward inside, it is generally desirable that the noise reduction device is absorbing (to not increase the level of sound) on that side of the separation (i.e. the side where the noise source is) ; the associated performance indicator is the sound absorption coefficient (which can reach 100% for the most efficient materials with regard to this functionality)
- the other within which the noise source is not (that space to be protected from the impact of considered noise emissions): it is generally desirable that the noise reduction device (in addition to have a significant surface density) is continuous on that side of the separation (i.e. airtight) or otherwise be fitted with silencers ; the associated performance indicator of an enclsoure wall is the sound reduction index (its value increases with the performance with regard to this functionality)
Concerning soundproofing equipments proposed by ITS and depending on the needs, related features such as disassembly / mobility of the walls or of subsets, visibility, ventilation, lighting, securities, fire protection ... are integrated to robust constructions with quality finishes ensuring a high durability and sometimes also contributing to the limitation of other nuisances than noise: dust, fogs, fumes, heat, laser radiation...
ITS offers the improvement of the performance of an existing enclosure (acoustic hood) / of an existing partition. The selection of materials with suitable properties is a crucial step in a project aiming at improving the performance of an existing enclosure (soundproofing hood) / acoustic partition ; experience (whatever the field of application: industrial or in the building sector) contributes to making the right choices in this area, taking due account of all the technical specifications (e.g. reaction to fire, weight load, modalities of installation). This is not the least of the qualities of the human resource of ITS.
Acoustic lagging for ducts and pipes soundproofing
Polyester wool for soundproofing
Viscoelastic material for noise control