Blog - ITS Projects
Noise control in the power generation industry - ITS
Noise control in the power generation industry is a necessity:
- to maintain acceptable working conditions for employees of power plants, by sufficiently limiting their exposure to noise, according to European Directive 2003/10/EC, which considers as indicators:
- the level of daily exposure to noise L EX, 8h: 80 dB (A) and 85 dB (A) are the thresholds, lower and upper respectively, triggering the action, 87 dB(A) is the limit value
- the peak sound pressure ρpeak: 112 Pa ie 135 dB(C) and 140...
Soundproofing: silencer (muffler) for purge and for valves
In the field of soundproofing, silencers (mufflers) for purge and for valves are highly technical equipment.
In fact, it is necessary that they meet requirements of different kinds:
- in terms of acoustics: they must (sufficiently) limit the noise linked to the sudden pressure variation, downstream of a pressurized fluid network, during venting, which (noise) is likely to create disorders for the neighborhood (even distant), and also (a fortiori) for personnel working or traveling nearby...
Soundproofing compressors and boosters
An Air Separation Unit (USA) makes it possible to obtain gaseous products such as oxygen and nitrogen, by means of particularly noisy industrial processes, involving very large capacity turbomachinery.
In such a context, compressors and boosters must be the subject of sufficiently efficient soundproofing works:
- with regard to the personnel of such industrial sites likely to operate in the environment close to this equipment (e.g. for the monitoring or maintenance of installations) who must...