ITS offers a wide choice of soundproofing materials for all applications related to soundproofing/sound insulation: protection of workers against noise, preservation of the sound environment, limitation of sound emissions in the energy sector, acoustics of test rooms, acoustic comfort in buildings:
- when seeking to obtain a limitation of sound transmission, quantified by a sound reduction index/sound insulation (increasing with the performance level, expressed in decibels)
- for an enclosure (soundproofing cover) to limit the sound emissions of a noisy machine or equipment
- for a partition, an anti-noise wall in a building, industrial or not, or outdoors
- when seeking for sound absorption, quantified by a sound absorption coefficient (increasing with the level of performance, expressed on a scale from 0 to 1 ie 100% for the result of measurements at normal incidence i.e. in a standing wave tube alias Kundt tube - the results of measurements in a reverberant room of the Sabine factor can go beyond this limit) e.g. in a context of reduction of the reverberation of a room or of an increase in the spatial sound decay
- for wall covering
- for suspended elements (e.g. ceiling tiles)
These soundproofing materials are marketed in different forms:
- plates or rolls, in the case of mineral wools (e.g. fibers of rock, glass, basalt, ceramics), or of polyester, for the filling of sound insulation and reverberation control constructive systems, as well as of silencers or even wedges, in the case of sound-absorbing elements for anechoic measurement rooms
- panels in the case of sound-absorbing construction elements for machine enclosures and enclosures, partitions and noise barriers
These soundproofing materials are characterized not only in terms of acoustic efficiency (for a given thickness), but also with regard to the vibro-acoustic parameters useful for predicting the performance of multilayer acoustic structures e.g. flow resistivity, porosity, tortuosity , thermal and viscous characteristic lengths in the case of porous materials.
The knowledge of these properties and the use that can be made of them in different contexts, accumulated over decades, is not the least of the skills of the human resource of ITS.
Sizing calculations for components and systems are thus made possible (for airborne noise insulation and for reverberation control of premises, and also for devices for reducing the noise of aeraulic and pressurized fluids networks, such as silencers), in particular by means of SILDIS® software Modules developed in-house  .
ITS offers sound-absorbing materials for soundproofing, insulation, comfort, acoustic correction, against noise, sound emissions.