When one sets the objective of soundproofing a swimming pool, a gymnasium or other sports halls and when one wishes to achieve it through the use of absorbing materials allowing limit reverberation, ITS offers a wide choice of solutions for many applications related to noise control.
ITS offers quality products and services at a reasonable cost in response to all needs (new or renovation) in relation to compliance with specifications relating to acoustic comfort, e.g. based (in France) on the standard NF P 90-207 Sports halls - Acoustics or on other documents inspired by it, or (elsewhere) on other locally applicable documents (e.g. in Germany the standard DIN 18041).
The soundproofing devices for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls marketed by ITS make it possible to reduce the amplification of noise due to the reverberation phenomenon and to limit its propagation in the considered interior spaces (and, also - even if not always a particular attention is paid to that, towards the adjacent spaces, interior or exterior).
In the case of swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls for which the implementation of one of the soundproofing devices offered by ITS has been carried out:
- the reverberation time always conforms to specified values
- the decrease in sound level by doubling the distance to a sound source (spatial sound decrease) always conforms to the specified values
- the ambient sound level is significantly reduced: a reduction in the sound pressure level of 5 dBA or more can be obtained in many common applications, offering in all cases to the occupants the necessary hearing comfort
The soundproofing devices for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls marketed by ITS generally consist of:
- either wall-mounted acoustic insulation panels: painted metal (or wood), often: perforated (holes being circular, square or in the form of slots) with lining in mineral fiber or polyester wool or M1 acoustic foam
- either suspended acoustic ceiling tiles: painted metal (or wood) with mineral fiber or polyester wool filling or M1 acoustic foam
- either suspended baffles (or other elements) in mineral fiber or polyester wool or M1 acoustic foam
Some of these constructive products and systems can have an absorption coefficient of more than 90% at mid and high frequencies (where the maximum of human hearing sensitivity is located) as standard (higher performances can be obtained at using special constructions).
With regard to the constructive products and systems offered by ITS, their performance is measured in the laboratory according to the standards in force:
- their sound absorption coefficient according to NF EN ISO 354 Acoustics standards - measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room and NF EN ISO 11654 Acoustics - Sound absorbers for use in buildings. Rating of sound absorption
The soundproofing devices for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls offered by ITS can be delivered in the form of a ready-to-assemble kit with assembly instructions or else be installed turnkey.
An in-situ acoustic performance guarantee is issued for all installations of soundproofing devices for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls.
Soundproofing device for a swimming pool
The soundproofing devices for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls marketed by ITS are of high durability; they adapt to all architectural designs and thus contribute, far beyond acoustics, to obtaining a quality environment for users and employees.
Go to other pages of this website presenting the sub sets constituting this equipment
Download a brochure related to this equipment
See the frequently asked questions related to this equipment
ITS markets soundproofing devices for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls ; this concerns in particular the rooms reserved for the practice of sports such as gymnastics, athletics, volleyball, handball, basketball, tennis, fencing and table tennis (and also: the dance rooms, indoor aquatic centers, …).
For all these spaces, acoustic comfort - as desirable for a practice in good conditions - requires, in the octave bands of median frequency between 125 Hz and 4000 Hz, compliance with limit values (linked to the volume of the sports hall), which implies the use of sound absorbing materials in sufficient quantity (according to their intrinsic performance illustrated by their absorption coefficient), which must be installed while ensuring as much as possible the homogeneity of their distribution (what is not easy, if only because the ground is unavailable for such arrangements (even when there is no basin filled with water: it can therefore only remain reflective - as far as sound waves are concerned -).
Reverberation and noise diminution device for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls, reverberation and noise limitation device for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls, reverberation and noise reduction device for swimming pools, acoustical improvement device for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls, soundproofing device for swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sports halls: : all equipment that one can source thanks to Isolation Technologie Services (ITS).