Noise at work is a nuisance in many companies, which in France must be combated in accordance with Decree No. 2006-892 of 19 July 2006 on the safety and health specifications applicable in case of exposure of workers to risks due to noise: daily noise exposure level and peak sound pressure level are regulated.
In terms of noise control at workplace, ITS solutions are multiple and adapted to all contexts for industrial sector and for tertiary sector.
in terms of noise control at workplace, ITS offers solutions for industrial and tertiary sectors
Solutions for noise control at workplace inside industrial or tertiary buildings
On the one hand, ITS offers equipment intended to limit the noise of the machines: soundproofing carterizations, acoustic canopies, sound enclosures are carefully studied to take into account the requirements related to the production, the maintenance, and also the ergonomics (visibility for process monitoring, access, security ...) of noisy workplaces. The applications are numerous in particular in the sectors of corrugated cardboard, metal processing; when possible, this solution is often preferred, as it is accompanied by the most important performances (both in number of decibels characterizing noise reduction "at the source" and in number of workstations where it can be obtained).
On the other hand, ITS markets noise barriers (between ground and under-roof) to limit the spread of noise from the sound emission areas to the surrounding workstations. This noise reduction solution is very popular in the printing industry, since the size and the distribution in space of the sound sources in the presence (large rotary) lead to privilege such constructions, which must then be equipped with numerous access doors and give prominence to glass surfaces; in some cases, the installation of a soundproof cabin, housing the personnel assigned to the driving and the monitoring constitutes a complement or an alternative to this solution of limitation of noise at work: it must then have many functionalities maximizing its level of habitability: thermal comfort (heating / air conditioning), lighting environment (level of illumination), electrical equipment.
In addition, also in the field of solutions of noise control at work, screens (which are distinguished from noise barriers in that they do not have a height equal to that of the ceiling of the considered room but are lower) are also featured in ITS catalog, to separate noisy areas of workshops, production facilities, may be (depending on the context) fixed to the floor, on legs or mobile (on wheels). The acoustic performance of such equipment (variable with the frequency) then depends on many parameters such as the distance between the source of noise and the screen, that between the point where the lowering of the sound level is considered and the screen, their dimensions, as well as the influence of the room (number and position of the surfaces reflecting the sounds). They can be used not only in workshops and in production units, but also (then: with a different construction method and with a different choice of filling materials to meet the decorative requirements) in offices, whether or not associated with acoustic wall linings, or ceiling to limit reverberation (e.g. in France, to comply with the Decree of 30 August 1990 or with any other document relating to the decrease of the noise level by doubling the distance to the source at a workplace, unless whether it is an office - individual, collective, open-plan - or an associated space - meeting / training room, relaxation area, restaurant, in which case the reverberation time may be a technical requirement).
Solutions for noise control at workplace: outdoor
ITS offers soundproof buildings for equipment such as combustion turbines, heat engines, compressors, fans, refrigeration units with appropriate ventilation, air intake and exhaust systems.
Such solutions for noise control at workplace are dimensioned taking into account all the requirements linked to a given context:
- in terms of acoustics, e.g. to obtain noise exposure levels that comply with the regulations in force; according to European directive 2003/10/EC, for the daily noise exposure level L EX, 8h : 80 dB(A) and 85 dB(A) are the thresholds, respectively lower and upper, triggering the action; 87 dB(A) is the authorized limit value
- in terms of ventilation eg for the renewal of air in premises or for the evacuation of the thermal power emitted by machines and hrdware (then with a limitation device for noise transmitted through openings or induced by fans, possibly with a ventilation system filtration)
- in terms of resistance to bad weather (rain, snow and wind) and seismic risks, a fortiori in the case of installations subject to such climatic hazards or linked to the activities of volcanoes
- in terms of equipment operability and maintenance (management of access and openings, dismantling, maintenance of structural stability in the event of removal of all or part of the walls and roofs)
- with, when required, associated functionalities (lighting, electrical equipment, noise limitation and exhaust gas reduction)
Everywhere, in terms of solutions for noise control at workplace (inside buildings and outdoor)
ITS sells silencers of all kinds, intended to limit the propagation of noise without opposing the passage of a fluid (at ambient temperature or at any service conditions).
In terms of noise control at workplace, these solutions are particularly suitable for buildings: ventilation, air conditioning, dust removal but are also suitable for many processes (as soon as there is an admission - often: air -, an exhaust - including: flue gas with chimney -), not neglecting those involving pressurized gas networks (small silencer for machine pneumatic valves or large exhaust silencer downstream of a control valve).
Like all those proposed by ITS, such solutions for noise control at work place are:
- developed by a human resource experienced in building physics, aeraulics, fluid mechanics and construction technologies
- contextualized, optimized, efficient, sustainable
- implemented in a robust and durable form
Spread the word !