In France, noise is a problem with respect to which various regulations have been promulgated by the administrative authorities and must therefore be respected. ITS offers diagnosis, studies, solutions for noise limitation, what is a key-factor for the acoustical comfort in buidlings.
ITS offers diagnosis, studies, solutions for noise limitation, key-factor of acoustical comfort in buildings
Sound comfort criteria basing diagnosis, studies and noise limitation solutions
In residential buildings: noise limitation is subject to the order of 30 June 1999.
In educational establishments, in health establishments, in hotels: noise limitation is governed by three separate decrees, all dated 25 April 2003. In the various premises concerned, noise limitation is considered in relation to common acoustic performance indicators:
- the weighted standardized level difference, DnT, A with respect to airborne noise inside the building i.e. between one room and another (in the case of main rooms or service rooms, in residential buildings: considered for two separate dwellings only)
- the weighted pressure level of the standardized impact sound pressure level, LnTw in particular with respect to the constitution of the horizontal walls (floors: in the case of main rooms of residential buildings: against spaces outside the dwelling only)
- the weighted standardized impact sound level LnAT, of the noise generated under normal operating conditions by a collective or individual equipment e.g. Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- weighted standardized level difference, DnT, A, tr with respect to the noise of the external space, road or rail traffic, airplane noise
In addition, for some premises, noise limitation is also considered in terms of acoustic correction, in relation to which acoustic characteristics are to be respected, which vary according to the premises.
- equivalent absorption area of absorbent linings, A
- reverberation time, T
Finally, the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) and energy production installations, whether they involve equipment installed in technical rooms or outdoors, must be the subject of a particular attention with regard to noise limitation:
- equipment noise level, in general, overall, with A-weighting
In addition to these regulations relating to noise limitation, standards, which are not mandatory, constitute reference texts for sports halls and offices (individual or collective, open spaces), and associated spaces (floors to be arranged, meeting and training rooms, relaxation areas, restaurants).
Diagnosis, studies and noise limitation solutions for acoustic comfort
Linked to acoustic comfort in buildings, noise limitation requires knowledge of material properties:
- regarding the reduction of sound transmission through partitions (e.g. envelope of buildings - walls, floors, roofs - dividing acosutical structures, doors, windows but also envelope of ventilation and pressurized fluid transport networks, screens and soundproofing enclosures)
- for what has to do with sound absorption (e.g. linings for reducing the reverberation of premises - industrial or not, which can then be as variable as teaching and training rooms, catering sapces, landscaped offices - and for the anechoicity of acoustic measurement rooms and test benches)
- for the absorbent lining of dissipative silencers
For noise limitation, Isolation Technologie Services (ITS) can be solicited for a diagnosis, a study, to supply materials and soundproofing equipment or to carry out sound insulation works.
Diagnosis and studies in terms of noise limitation are carried out, with regard to a problem of sound comfort, by a human resource qualified in physical measurements (specialty: instrumental techniques) and in building physics. The quality management system of ITS engineering missions in this area is periodically assessed in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard. Those engineering and consultancy services include:
- sound pressure level measurements (including: in terms of spatial or temporal decay), the results of which can be compared to reference values for compliance verification
- calculations related to acoustic reflection, absorption, transmission, diffraction of structures often being multilayered, for the simulation of acoustic performance indicators being regulated (or: subject to professional consensus) in relation to sound propagation, to noise decay as a function of distance, or in relation to reverberation
The noise limitation solutions marketed by ITS vary depending on the context:
- tackling of sound emissions from noise sources e.g. for equipment (canopies, silencers)
- reduction of sound transmission through partitions (walls, dividers - with doors, windows -, floors, roofs)
- reverberation control (acoustic screenings and wall panels, suspended sound absorbing elements e.g. ceiling tiles, baffles)
Make the best use (with feedback obtained over time) of know-how for the selection or development of noise limitation devices that do precisely what is expected of them: this is the reason to be from ITS, of which slogan is "Choice soundscapes, everywehere".
Spread the word !