ITS is an acoustical engineering office based near Lyon (in the Rhône-Alpes-Auvergne region) which intervenes everywhere in France (Europe), and also in the neighboring countries.
Its main activities are:
- on-site measurements of sound levels (in all contexts: building, environment, industry), reverberation time and spatial sound decay rate (in premises) and comparison with reference values (regulatory, normative or from specifications technical) for an examination of the conformity of installations; such diagnostics are carried out:
- by a workforce experienced in physical measurements, specialized in instrumental techniques
- with duly calibrated and verified noise generators and sound level meters
- before and/or after sound insulation and reverberation control works
- (if applicable) research and development of solutions for improving a situation, sizing of noise control and soundproofing equipment with simulations of acoustic performance verifiable on site (such missions of engineering are carried out by a human resource qualified in building physics, experienced in acoustics and in related fields e.g thermal, aeraulics and fluid mechanics, construction technologies)
- partitions e.g. noise barriers, floors, walls and roofs of buildings and other constructions (housing, premises of public acces buildings - PAB -, all industrial sectors) including enclosures for noisy machines and equipment of all kinds and of all sizes
- silencers (mufflers) for air at ambient temperature (for Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning - HVAC - facilities, for equipment comprising fans and for the air intake of turbomachines) and for industrial fluids at low temperature (e.g. pressurized gas expansion) or at high temperature (exhaust from heat engines, gas turbines and other materials related to combustion processes)
- advice and technical prescriptions for noise reduction and improvement of acoustic comfort in all contexts
- limitation of sound propagation (inside buildings or outside) from equipment of all kinds or from networks (aeraulic or pressurized fluids)
- control of sound environments (living spaces, including workspaces - offices, workshops and other production premises - or premises dedicated to training, restaurants, sports halls)
ITS's engineering services in acoustics are related in particular to the problems of noise at work or in the environment of industrial sites, and to the problems related to the acoustic comfort of buildings. They are aimed at the dimensioning of soundproofing equipment, often in the context of the improvement of a given acoustic situation e.g. with regard to the respect of the acoustic regulation or to prevent nuisances and nonconformities.
In industry, ITS's acoustical engineering services are namely in relation to noisy production equipment (machines of all types, in all sectors of activity) and ancillaries such as ventilators, compressors, air coolers, dust removal networks, which are likely, when installed indoors or outdoors, to involve for workers noise exposure situations of and / or cause inconvenience to neighbors (for local residents or sometimes for remote homes).
In the case of power plants in particular, ITS’s on-site measurements and calculation notes are often related to thermal engines or gas turbines, of which noise emissions must be limited: for air intake (with a sophisticated filtration system) and for exhaust (at the outlet of industrial chimneys: sometimes of significant height) by the means of silencers, and for which the acoustic impact of buildings (sometimes: large in size) that house them (of which reverberation one should also limit for maintenance personnel) and of associated ventilation systems should be controlled.
On the occasion of the services of acoustical engineering carried out by ITS, the search for performance in aerolics or aeraulics (aerodynamics) is therefore often associated with the development of soundproofing equipment (for the design of depressurizing silencers, complex fluid mechanics computations are necessary for the consideration of fluid networks e.g. with control valves).
In addition, thermal insulation should of course not be neglected when dimensioning the casing of mufflers for hot gases e.g. exhaust gas commonly reaching a temperature of 500 degrees C.
For building projects (e.g. acoustic correction of restaurants, meeting rooms, school premises or sports facilities), on-site measurements to characterize the reverberation are often necessary and predictive acoustic calculations must be carried out before the installation works of sound-absorbing linings, so that the latter are suitably selected for their acoustic performance (frequency-varying absorption coefficient), their quantity and their implantation.
With regard to such projects in relation to acoustical insulation, for which the stakes, in regard to acoustics, can be such as to condition the maintenance of certain industrial activities, or the habitability of certain spaces, the human resource of ITS has a solid experience, advanced measurements means and sizing tools, as well as appropriate partnerships: ITS services are those of an acoustical engineering office that meets the requirements of ISO 9001.